You can add or remove temporary announcements at the beginning of your answering service greeting. Temporary announcements play before your answering service greeting, and can be added and removed without re-recording the greeting – they are ideal for advising callers when there is a power outage, water is turned off, the office is closed for a meeting, etc.
To add a temporary announcement:
- Dial your assigned Apartment Lines forwarding number.
- When the greeting begins, press *, then enter your passcode, followed by the # key.
- Select option 6, “add or remove a temporary announcement”.
- Select option 1, “record a temporary announcement”.
- Record your announcement, then press # when finished to save it.
Example Announcement: “Attention residents of Oak Tree Apartments: The office is closed this morning for a management meeting and will reopen at 1:00 pm.”
How to remove a temporary announcement:
- Repeat steps 1 - 3 above.
- Select option 3 “remove a temporary announcement”.